How can you tell the difference between clean air and dirty air in your home? Can you actually taste certain pollutants or would they just taste like nothing at all. And now with the autumn drawing to a close your friends and family are going to be indoors a lot more often so are going to be inhaling whatever toxins might be in your air for the next few months.
But what type of toxins could be in the air? Well for starters if you have a problem with your central heating system you could have raised levels of carbon monoxide in the air you’re breathing. This can result in feelings of lethargy, headaches and in extreme cases with continued exposure to high levels of this gas the results can be fatal. You can’t see it, smell it or taste it but you it can still poison you.
And if you have an unidentified water leak in your home this can cause damp patches on the floors, walls or ceilings of your property. Given time, and especially during damp weather, these damp patches will develop into patches of mould and fungus. Some of these types of mould can then go on to cause a wide variety of respiratory illnesses and problems. One customer we dealt with suffered from chest infections every 3 months and wasn’t sure what was causing it until we found years of damp and mould hidden in his walls.
Just because you can’t see dirt, mould or toxins in the air does not mean that they’re not there – most of the particles that cause the biggest problems are microscopic so unless you’re a lab technician you’d have no idea what you were even looking at in the first place.
If you suspect you have a central heating, gas or water leak then please do call ADI today – we’ll find the problem and stop it from potentially damaging your health.